TRC maintains an accredited in-house laboratory to perform various analytical services in the areas of asbestos, lead, radon, particulate matter, and wet chemistry.
- Dual Asbestos Analysis – polarized light microscopy (PLM) with dispersion staining for asbestos bulk sample analysis including gravimetric preparation (NOB) and point count quantification, and phase contrast microscopy (PCM) for airborne asbestos fiber concentration analysis following the NIOSH 7400 method.
- Lead in Air Analysis – performed utilizing an XRF spectrum analyzer following the NIOSH 7702 method.
- Particulate in Air Analysis – performed gravimetrically following the NIOSH 0500 method.
- Radon in Air Analysis – conducted utilizing a gamma spectroscopy system on activated charcoal canisters.
- Rush or standard turnaround at national market rates.
TRC’s laboratory participates in the U.S. EPA asbestos bulk sampling QA program and is accredited by the National Voluntary Laboratory Accreditation Program (NVLAP LABCODES 101424-0 and 101781-0) for asbestos bulk fiber analysis. The laboratory also participates in the American Industrial Hygiene Association Proficiency Analytical Testing (AIHA PAT) program, and is approved by the AIHA Laboratory Accreditation Programs, LLC (Laboratory, ID 100122) for PCM/PLM analysis. In addition, TRC’s laboratory is certified as an analytical laboratory by the American Association of Radon Scientists and Technologists (AARST) National Radon Proficiency Program (NRPP). TRC’s laboratory is approved to perform analyses in all 50 states in the U.S.